Friday, March 16, 2012

Team Blue or Pink?!?!

As soon as Jason found out that we could find out the sex of the baby prior to 20 weeks he was all for it. Our doctor's office charges a $75 fee- but Jason was more than willing to pay it in order to find out if he was getting a little boy or girl.
I had January 16th off because of Martin Luther King jr day so we booked our appointment for that day. Our appt was originally scheduled for 1:40 but it got pushed back to 3:45 due to an interoffice meeting. I had originally wanted to get cupcakes filled with either pink or blue icing to surprise our family, but since our appt got pushed back so late I decided that little cupcake toppers would have to suffice. We got 'it's a boy' and 'it's a girl' and I figured I would return whichever ones we didn't need. Up until this point I had 5 baby dreams and ALL 5 had been about a boy- never about a girl. I was seriously like 98% sure that the baby was a boy and even told Jason that if the technician found lady parts in my ute then I'd be very surprised. As soon as we got in the ultrasound room, the tech asked me what I thought the baby was. Within 5 seconds of having the wand on my belly, she confirmed that we were in fact having a boy! She said his hand would not leave his little willy and I looked at Jason and said 'really?!, y'all learn that early!?!?!' haha. It was such an awesome experience and we got a ton of great pictures of him. Since we were the last appt of the day she spent more time looking at him and talking with us- so I guess it worked out that our appt got moved back. When we left the dr. Office we stopped by Carter's to do a little shopping. I had a 20% off coupon that was expiring that day so it worked out to go after the appt. We got several outfits, then came home to have cupcakes with our parents and our neighbors (Koehlers). I bought cupcakes from RJ Goodies earlier that morning and my mouth was watering to eat one! Our parents were so thrilled, but they all had the same feeling I had- that we were expecting a boy. The only person who thought we were having a girl was my SIL, Marylyn. She's thrilled that we're having a boy so that her son Kaden (4 months) will have a playmate.

So......in June we'll be welcoming into our family Jack Anson Gibbs.

We couldn't be more thrilled. Now, onto the nursery! I've got a ton of ideas, just hope they come together nicely.

The first picture is of the cute cupcake toppers and the yummy cupcakes from RJ Goodies....seriously sooo good!

The second picture is of Jack and I at 18 weeks- we were actually working on his nursery during this picture- some change but still not too much.

1 comment:

Charles and Stacy said...

HORAY for boys! You guys will have so much fun! Love yall!