Friday, March 16, 2012

Our beautiful baby!!

We went for our first official appt on November 21, my wonderful mom's bday, (though she and my dad were away on a cruise). I was so excited, nervous, anxious, etc. Not sure of I'm just a worry wart or what but I feared that we'd get in there and the ultrasound tech wouldn't find anything in my ute. Morbid....I know. Well luckily, my great friend, Amanda jones, let me in on a little secret of how the first ultrasound goes (internal rather than external) I'm glad she did because the sweet technician never mentioned a thing- she just went to town :O . As soon as she started the ultrasound we could see our little 'Gibblett' right away. She turned the microphone on and the heartbeat was so strong and loud- Jason and I were both in awe. It seriously is the best sound you'll ever hear. I immediately teared up. Then the tech said something that neither Jason nor I was prepared for...'okay, now let's make sure that there is only one in there'. Our jaws dropped- we never even considered the fact that there could be more than one. Jason responded with 'Uh, oh crap- I only signed up for one!'. It was priceless. Needless to say, there is only one Gibblett in there and it's the sweetest thing we've ever seen. Here are the two pictures we got. 1st-is it just me or can you see a face sucking on one hand? 2nd-our sweet baby is already an angel- see the halo?!

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Precious pics! Love you, Gibblet!