Wednesday, March 14, 2012

We've got some BIG news!!!

I am waaaay late in posting this but Jason and I have amazing news! This June we'll be expanding our family!! We started trying in August and we're quite surprised that it happened so quickly. Jason turned the big 3-0 on October 14th and we had a party for him on the 15th. I desperately wanted to give Jason a positive test for his thirtieth- thought that'd be the best gift I could give him. Tested Friday (his bday) and got a negative, tested Sunday and got a negative again (my friend Whitney got a positive test this day and texted me about it)- I was super happy for her and hoped that I could share in her happiness...nope! After I tested Sunday and got a negative I literally looked in the mirror and told myself 'Ashley, you are NOT pregnant....quit testing or you'll go insane!'. I told myself that if I didn't have my period by Friday that I'd test again. Well Tuesday, after bunco on my way home, I felt nauseous and my chest was VERY tender. Came home and tested with a cheapie from the $1 store (without telling J)...and saw a line or I thought it was a line- I was worried that I wanted there to be a line so badly that I was seeing things. While he showered, I ran up to one of our closets upstairs and got out a book called 'The Expectant Father'. While we were getting ready for bed he mentioned needing new reading material so he wanted to go upstairs and get a book from our bookshelf. When we got into bed, I told him to close his eyes. I said how about this for some reading material and handed him the book I had gotten from upstairs. His reaction was priceless. His eyes got huge and he was like 'really? Are we pregnant?' I told him I wasn't sure but I thought I had seen a line and showed him the test- he agreed that he thought he saw a line and we decided that we would confirm with a digital test in the morning with FMU. Well there is our story of how we found out that we were expecting. Wanted to get it documented before we forget- truly doubt that will happen since it was one of the best days of our lives but still wanted to share it.

1 comment:

TTempler said...

Grammy & Pops are pretty excited as well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!