Monday, July 7, 2008

Visitin' my little Willa Kate!

So literally the very next day after we returned from our Branson trip, I flew out to visit our niece, Willa Kate. (see blog off to right-hand side)
I arrived in Arizona on Tuesday, May 20th and was able to stay until Saturday. I enjoyed every minute of being there and my time there was filled with lots to do. Willa took to me very quickly and we had a blast together; Amy and Greg were a little worried at first to leave me ( I could tell ) but her and I literally had a blast while they were away at work. We had so much fun that I even convinced them to get away and have a datenight on Friday before I left.
*We went over to Trader Joe's so I could experience its awesomeness, and I picked up a few goodies. I would have loved to get more things, as I personally fell in love with the store and its incredibly cheap prices, but the suitcase was already super packed to begin with so I had to limit my selections.
*We ate dinner at some little hole in the wall Mexican restaurant and an Italian place called Sauce that was phenomenal. If you can believe it, I had pizza that had proscuitto and shaved cantaloupe and honeydew melon. I would never have ordered it on my own, but it was amazing. What a combination, right?
*Next we walked next door, like literally, to this Italian gelato place called Frost. The choices were endless and I think we ended up with Black Cherry, Pistachio, and something else. Mmmmm....
*We went to an art showing that had some incredibly intricate paintings on gourds...yeah, you know like pumpkins and such! I was amazed! Very detailed paintings that I wish I could have gotten a picture of but I'm sure that would have been frowned upon.
*Greg and Amy took on 5 chickens that produce eggs daily so that was an adventure all on their own!

Overall, I had a great time spending the week with them and enjoyed every minute I could to be with my family who I don't get to see as often as I'd like. I love you Barron-Gaffords!

No comments: