Monday, July 7, 2008

This post if for my amazing Mother-in-law

Yes, I really did say 'amazing' and 'mother-in-law' in the same sentence...or title rather. She is such an inspiration to me and to Jason as well. Just a quick recap....
Debbie's husband, Steve, passed away February 27, 2007, leaving Debbie a widow at the incredibly young age of 44 years old. Debbie had planned to do gastric bypass surgery with her husband, but after his death was reconsidering. She ended up going through with it and had her surgery on April 2, 2007. Since then she has lost over 160 pounds in fourteen months and has a new found energy that even she can't explain. Debbie had skin removal surgery on June 24th and is doing fantastic. She is just an inspiration to us all because she just continues to persevere even through all the hard times she has had in the past year and a half.

Debbie, if you are reading this, know that I love you so much and I am so proud of all that you have accomplished in your life. Jason and I look up to you so much and we hope to be as strong as you are.

No comments: