Wednesday, October 24, 2007

2007 so far...

The year 2007 has been a very busy, hard year for Jason and I.
In January, I ran and completed the Chevron Houston Marathon on January 14, 2007. I had some problems with muscle cramping but I accomplished my goal- which was to finish the race. I completed 26.2 miles in 5 hours and 15 minutes. Over 5 hours to complete a marathon seems like a long time to most runners, but I was so proud of myself for accomplishing something that I had set my mind to. It was a very hard race that took a lot of determination and dedication. The very next month Jason and I were hit with a very hard blow. One Sunday afternoon as Jason and I were working out at the gym, Jason's name was called out over the intercom system that he had an important phone call up at the front desk. I knew right away that something had gone terribly wrong because no one ever calls us while we are at the gym. That day Jason's dad, Steve Gibbs, had suffered a massive stroke. He was life-lighted to a hospital in Houston and we made our way down to the hospital. As Jason's family and I all sat around waiting to hear the latest news from the doctors I realized just how lucky I am to be a part of Jason's family. Steve left Earth to be with our Lord (and Grandpa Scoggins) on Tuesday February 27, 2007. Those three days were some of the hardest days of my life. Steve was a wonderful man who was loved by all who knew him. I rejoice knowing that he is in Heaven with our Lord.
March, thankfully was a quite month for us. I'm not really sure we could have taken much more than that. A dear friend of mine, Elizabeth, threw a wonderful bridal shower for me and I was showered, no wait...drenched with wedding gifts. It was so amazing to see my family, and girlfriends there to support me as I entered this new chapter of my life.
In April, Jason and I lost someone dear to us again. Theodore Koteras "Uncle Ted" left us to be with the Lord after battling sickness near the end of his life. I'm so thankful that I had him in my life and he was one of my favorite Uncles. I remember spending weeks with him during the summer breaks and him making the world's best pallets for me to sleep on the floor next to his bed. I miss him dearly, but am thankful that he is no longer in pain.
May was a very busy and fun month for us. We were married on May 19, and it was so great to have friends and family with us to celebrate. We were married at The Woodlands United Methodist Church in the Robb Chapel and our reception was at Spring Chateau. The day completely flew by but we were so blessed to have so many people there to celebrate with us. Jason and I left the next morning for our honeymoon in Riviera Maya, Mexico for a one week stay at an all-inclusive adults only resort. I LOVE children but it was nice to spend that one week alone with Jason and be able to relax the entire time.
June and July were filled with weddings as this was 'the summer of weddings'. We couldn't be more excited for our friends who are joining us in this wonderful adventure called marriage.
August through October have just been filled with Jason and I enjoying each other, still trying to adjust to the whole marriage thing, and hanging out with friends and family, and somehow even MORE weddings. I hope you guys enjoyed reading this, and I will try my hardest to keep it as updated as I can.

No comments: